Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sammy

When people first hear we are adopting a boy from China they are a little surprised.  Most people assume only little girls are adopted from China, and that it takes years to bring them home.   While there is some truth to this assumption, it is not always the case.   Right now the wait for a healthy baby girl in China is about 6 years, however, there are hundreds of waiting children needing homes now.  The waiting children are considered special needs.  Their needs vary from mild to severe and some are even healthy, but older.

Sammy is considered a special needs child because he is deaf.  We began sign language classes in November and are learning ASL as a family.  It is an amazing, beautiful language and we can't wait to share it with our new son.

Here is the first picture we saw of him.  The picture that stole or hearts.  
Here is Sammy, please keep him in your prayers.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog on RumorQueen. Your son is adorable!! We are also adopting our fifth child, a little girl that is Shanghai. I bet our little ones are in the same room...they are only two months apart. I look forward to following your journey. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison! I just looked at your blog and your little girl is beautiful! I think you're right, it looks like they are in the same room. When are you hoping to travel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not until later this summer. I received a couple of new pictures of my daughter today and I think your son is in the background! Email me (allygirl430@yahoo.com) and I'll send you a copy. I know it's always nice to have new pics of our little loves.

    ReplyDelete